Fort Ticonderoga

Ticonderoga
NY

Fort Ticonderoga on Lake George

QUICK FACTS

           

LINKS
LOCATION

View Larger Map
Built by the French 1755 - 59 as Fort Carillon on Lake George, it was taken by the British in 1759 and renamed. During the Revolutionary War the fort went from British to American to British and to American again. Reconstruction began in 1908. Includes living history and reenactments of battles; tours available.
Associated People

The Farm Book, plus the elaborate chronologies made by Jefferson scholars which document almost every day of his life, demonstrate that contrary to what Martha [Jefferson] Randolph told her sons, Jefferson was not only not distant from Sally Hemings but in the same house nine months before the births of each of her seven children, and that she conceived no children when he was not there.

Fawn M. Brodie
Thomas Jefferson: An Intimate History (1974)