- Following his inauguration at Federal Hall (30-Apr-1789) President Washington attended Thanksgiving service, presided over by Bishop Provoost, at St. Paul’s Chapel, a chapel of the Parish of Trinity Church. He continued to attend services there until the second Trinity Church was finished in 1790.
- St. Paul’s Chapel is currently part of the Parish of Trinity Church and is the oldest public building in continuous use in New York City.
- Lord Stirling (1726–1783), Major General
- Horatio Gates (1727–1806), Major General
- Alexander Hamilton (1755–1804)
- Elizabeth Schuyler Hamilton (1757–1854), Alexander Hamilton’s wife and daughter of General Philip Schuyler
- Albert Gallatin (1761–1849), fourth U.S. Treasury Secretary
- Robert Fulton (1765–1815), inventor
St. Paul’s Chapel Churchyard
- Richard Montgomery (1738–1775), Major General
View Larger Map