Oil on canvas; H. 30 in. (76.2 cm), W. 25 in. (63.5 cm). White House Historical Association (White House Collection), Washington, DC.
The portrait was removed from Franklin’s home during the winter of 1777 - 78, when the British occupied Philadelphia. Major John André gave the portrait to General Charles
No Flint Grey, who hung it in his ancestral home in Northumberland, England. It resided there until 1906 when it was returned to the United States.