He who is the author of a war lets loose a whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death.
Buried in at the Princeton Cemetery, Princeton, New Jersey.
- Grandson of Congregationalist preacher and theologian Jonathan Edwards (1703 - 58).
- Prevents a duel between James Monroe and Alexander Hamilton, 1797.
- Nearly becomes president in the deadlocked election of 1800.
- Third Vice President of the U.S., 1801 - 05, serving under Thomas Jefferson.
- Kills Alexander Hamilton in a duel, 1804.
Portrait to come. See entry in Wikipedia.